8.27.2009

This Is How He Gets Me


i've mentioned often how jasper just owns me. how he can smile and i will pretty much bend to his every need. how he can blink his eyes and know he will get more chicken nuggets. he's a jedi, in case you didn't know.

now that he's more vocally expressive it's getting even worse. he knows how to trick me. and it's not just me, you know. it's all of you. you've all been had by the master.

today we were getting in the car to run our errands and jasper said to me, "you a good helper, mommy". to which i replied, "i'm a good helper?" to which he then said, "you a good mommy".

melt.

and then when we were at the post office waiting, the lady next to us said, "what a good boy! he's so sweet!" because at that moment jasper wasn't rearranging all the labels, or running in to the passport office, or scowling and crossing his arms in a fit of rage. i told the lady he was nothing but trouble and he knew he was cute and therefore wasn't to be trusted and she said, "yes. i had one of those, too. he's married now and he's a good man".

enough said.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've been had by the master, and I wouldn't have it any other way. When his little hand grabbed mine and he said, "you come play?"....how could I resist? I couldn't. You ARE a good mommy. Tom has said he sometimes feels bad that I didn't get a girl because I love cuddling and affection. I told him it's moments like when Patrick looks over to me, tilts his head, rubs my cheek and says "I love you, mommy" that make it all the more special. Kids. They sure know how to make the heart soar. Tell Annie and Jasper hi! Love, Molly