8.20.2009

All Things Potty



i am not cut out for potty training a boy. especially a boy who has absolutely no qualms with sitting in his own feces.

mmmhmmm, YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE. you can't use that cuteness on me this time, buddy.

so yes, i'm trying to potty train jasper. for real. because for months now we've been half-assing it and he's been doing fine. but now i'm just tired of pullups and tired of cleaning poo and tired of dealing with it. i'm also tired of doing the potty training. i don't want to. as annie would say, "it's sooooooooo boring". and maddening.

so that's that. on another potty note, i witnessed one of the best toddler-moments ever when we were in minneapolis. we adults were sitting out on the porch whilst the little ones were inside coloring or watching a movie. i came in at one point and i heard voices coming from the bathroom. so i listened. what i heard was this:

annie: are you going to sit there all day?

patrick: i have a big poop, ANNIE!

good stuff, right? so i ran outside, told the girls, we laughed, then i ran back inside, equipped with my camera and captured this - what 4-year-olds talk about in the john:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is so blackmail material for when they're in high school! I'm a little uncomfortable with how free Patrick is with "voicing" his bodily functions. I'll get over it and then I'll go read the book "Everybody Poops". I'm really sorry I ever answered his question about where potty and poppie come from. Dang literal kid. Love you! Molly